I never let my schooling interfere with my education.
- Mark Twain
Time to put on your overalls and roll up your sleeves. Join us for a week of adventure that Tom Sawyer himself would be proud to lead.
From canoeing and fishing, to learning to farm and taking care of animals, woodcraft and cooking over an open fire- this will be a week you will not soon forget.
The perfect antidote to those long hours of zoom classes. A sample week includes:
- Woodcraft– the boys will learn the art of splitting, stacking and seasoning wood. They will also learn to carve, craft and stain a treasure box that they will take home at the end of the week.
- Animal Husbandry– the boys will go to a working farm and participate in raising and taking care of animals (bring your boots!)
- Farming– the boys will visit local vegetable farms and learn to grow and care for the crops
- Fishing– they will make their own fishing rods and spend a day on the shore fishing, then learning how to clean and cook their catch
- Canoeing-what better way to cap off the week than a canoe trip down the river in a true Huck Finn style
The natural world offers great opportunities for formation and growth in virtue. Throughout the week we hope to open the boys eyes to these opportunities and help them form the habits that will ultimately lead them to become good men.
Camp directors are Shane O’Neill and Anton Vorozhko, 6th and 7th grade Heights teachers and co-directors of Cavalier Battalion Airsoft Camp.