To view this page in SPANISH, please click here.
Each year we welcome to our school a select number of international students who will study at The Heights for a one year period. Our community is enriched by our visitors’ talents and perspectives, and our visiting students, in turn, benefit from a year spent at The Heights–a school that offers rigorous academics, competitive athletics, and, most importantly, the character formation and moral direction needed to mold boys into men.
Participants in our year-long visiting program will find themselves completely immersed in the English language and the better aspects of American culture. Once accepted and enrolled, The Heights Admissions Office begins the incredibly important task of identifying a good host family for the visitor, with whom he will live during his time with us. Our standard for a host family is a high one: we would not place a visitor in a home where we ourselves would not place our own sons. Indeed, we are well aware that the home-life of the visitor during his time in Washington, D.C., will be just as, if not even more formative, than the hours spent at school. Fortunately for our visitors and their parents, The Heights attracts amazing families, so the search for a host family is generally not a difficult one.
- Submit an online application and application fee. Click here to start that process.
- Submit the supporting application documents (your son’s grades and teacher recommendation) along with $50 application fee. To send us your son’s grades, please give the Request for Academic Records Form (available here) to his school and have them email a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. To send us the teacher recommendation, give the Teacher Recommendation Form (also available here), to your son’s teacher recommender, who should be instructed to email a PDF of the completed form to email@example.com. Finally, please pay the application fee online through the admissions portal.
- Submit an individual and family photograph.
- Once your son’s application is submitted, email Mr. Moss at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a family Skype interview. Completing the family interview is the final step required for full consideration by the School.
As our reputation continues to grow internationally and demand for the less than 10 spaces increases, we ask that you complete all the steps of the application process in a timely fashion.
- March 15: Application Deadline
- April 5: Notification of Admissions Decision
- April 19: Enrollment Deadline (sign contract online and submit $1,000 non-refundable deposit); after you enroll your son, we begin the search for a host family. Because we spend considerable time and energy finding a good match, we do not begin this process until we have a firm commitment from your family to entrust us with your son for the year. Additionally, The Heights will begin the I-20 Visa Application Process once the applicant family has enrolled.
- June 1: Tuition payment due (or, if you have an alternate arrangement with the school, make first tuition payment)
- 2017-2018 Tuition*: Upper School (grades 9-12) – $26,665; Middle School (grades 6-8) – $24,215
- International Administrative Fee: $3,500
- Room and Board: $15,000
- Lunch Plan: Approximately $1,000
Thank you for taking the time to consider The Heights. We are eager to get to know you and your sons!
* Unfortunately, financial aid is not available to international students.