To view this page in SPANISH, please click here.
Each year we welcome to our school a select number of international students who will study at The Heights for a one-year period. Our community is enriched by our visitors’ talents and perspectives, and our visiting students, in turn, benefit from a year invested at The Heights — a school that offers rigorous academics, competitive athletics, and, most importantly, the character formation and moral direction needed to mold boys into men.
Participants in our year-long visiting program will find themselves completely immersed in the English language and the better aspects of American culture. Once accepted and enrolled, The Heights Admissions Office begins the incredibly important task of identifying a good host family for the visitor, with whom he will live during his time with us. Our standard for a host family is a high one: we would not place a visitor in a home where we ourselves would not place our own sons. Indeed, we are well aware that the home life of the visitor during his time in Washington D.C., will be just as — if not even more formative — than the hours spent at school. Fortunately for our visitors and their parents, The Heights attracts amazing families, so the search for a host family is generally not a difficult one.
To Apply for 2024-2025 Admissions:
1.) Submit an online application and application fee.
- Click here to proceed.
2.) Submit the following documentation:
- The Academic Grades Transcript (for the last 4 years)
- Send the Request for Academic Records Form (available here) to your son’s school and have them email a PDF to email@example.com.
- A Teacher Recommendation:
- Send us a Teacher Recommendation. Ask them to email a PDF of the letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A Family and Individual Photograph
- Email to email@example.com.
3.) After we have received items 1 and 2, we will reach out to schedule an online interview with the International Programs Director Mr. Nelson Bendeck.
If you have any questions, please contact our International Programs Director, Mr. Nelson Bendeck, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301.365.0227 ext. 250.
As our reputation continues to grow internationally and demand for the less than 10 spaces increases, we ask that you complete all the steps of the application process in a timely fashion.
- January 19: Materials Deadline
- March 15: Notification of Admissions Decision
- March 27: Enrollment Deadline (sign contract online and submit a $5,000 non-refundable deposit); after you enroll your son, we begin the search for a host family. Because we spend considerable time and energy finding a good host family, we do not begin this process until we have a firm commitment from your family to entrust us with your son for the year. Additionally, The Heights will begin the I-20 Visa Application Process once the applicant family has enrolled.
- June 1, 2024: Tuition and International Program Fee payments due
- 2023-2024 Tuition*:
- Upper School (grades 9-12) – $34,700
- Middle School (grades 6-8) – $31,360
- International Student Fee – $22,000, which includes:
- Room and Board;
- Student Visa processing;
- School Hot Lunch Plan;
- Administrative Fees.
- 2023-2024 Tuition*:
Thank you for taking the time to consider The Heights. We are eager to get to know you and your sons!
* Important note: unfortunately, financial aid is not available for international students.