Description and Objectives
A copy of the full course outline is available here.
- The Mystery of Redemption and Christian Discipleship by Rev. Peter V. Armenio
- The Church: Sacrament of Salvation by Dr. Scott Hahn
- The History of the Church by Fr. Peter V. Armenio
- The Navarre Bible – St. Matthew’s Gospel
- Catechism of the Catholic Church – Second Edition
- Quizzes – 40% – 4 per quarter
- 1 test at end of each marking period – 30%
- Class participation (discussion/notebooks) – 15%
- Homework – 15%
- Semester examinations are cumulative.
Additionally, nightly reading and assignments should further class discussion. Students are welcome to discuss topics with me outside of class as well.
Here are the dates for the Progress Reports for this semester, Sept. 2018 – Dec. 2018:
- Wednesday, September 26, 2018;
- Thursday, October 11, 2018;
- Thursday, November 15, 2018;
- Wednesday, December 5, 2018.
The final exam for semester course: Friday, December 21, 2018
My telephone contact is 301.365.4322, ext. 126
Nightly reading and assignments should further class discussion. Students are welcome to discuss topics with me outside of class as well.
- A History of Christendom – 7 volumes by Warren H. Carroll
- Church History by Fr. John Laux
- The Great Heresies by Hilaire Belloc
- Beyond Good Intentions by Juan Luis Lorda