Business Computer Applications
- Course ID:COMP 212
- Department:Computer Science
- Teachers:Joel Sellier
Description and Objectives
This course develops the student’s ability to use the personal computer as a tool for business and professional work. The student learns in detail how to use common applications for accounting and web page design. Upon completion of the course the student will be able to effectively use the personal computer as a tool for professional and personal endeavors in spreadsheets and web-pages. This class uses the IMac computers in the school computer lab.
All material will be referenced and available to the students on the World Wide Web. Multiple sources will be used.
In this course the student is expected to aggressively pursue his development of personal computing skills and will be graded on his ability to:
- Actively participate in the daily discussion and activities in the classroom.
- Take good, clear, concise notes of the material presented.
- Demonstrate good repetitive routine practice of the material through the successful completion of homework.
- Demonstrate meaningful knowledge of the material through high performance levels on practical exercises, quizzes and tests.
- Successfully make presentations of assigned work.
Since this course actively develops the student’s capability through repetitive practice and participation, the successful student will:
- Consistently participate actively in class.
- Practice the learned skills through the purposeful and timely completion of homework.
- Actively seek help from the teacher during the school day, or after school. The teacher is available for assistance at any time. Neither student nor parents should ever hesitate to contact the teacher for resolution of any difficulty.