Alumni Career Opportunities
1. Our Lady of Mercy in Potomac, MD is looking for a 5th to 8th-grade religion teacher. Click here for details.
2. Simply Fresh Events is hiring catering staff. Contact owner, Geoff Barker, ’97 at firstname.lastname@example.org for job opportunities. Open to both current college students and graduates in the DC area.
1. Association for Financial Professionals , the leading resource for treasury and financial professionals worldwide, is looking for a Client Relationship Specialist . This role will focus on client relationship management, account management, and upsell opportunities as it pertains to the corporate sales cycle. This role will work on accelerating contracts and assisting clients by ensuring all expectations are met in a timely and efficient manner. Success in this role is determined by providing clients with a hand held approach to all client needs and expectations. Additional, major responsibilities are listed below.
- Responsible for providing world-class customer support and account management to assigned corporate client accounts to accelerate contract execution, increase customer retention, increase upsell opportunities and to grow AFP’s corporate sales channel.
- Partners with Corporate Sales, Membership, Certification and Training functions to facilitate internal collaboration in an effort to execute customer support and contract execution.
- Collaborate with and share information internally and externally to provide both quantitative and qualitative information on corporate clients to improve client relationships and program outcomes.
- With the coordination with Corporate Sales, facilitates and participates in customer onboarding programs. This includes, but not limited to, gain a thorough understanding of client needs, assist clients to identify potential exam candidates, educate potential candidates about AFP and certification program.
- Responsible for developing customer contract execution plans in coordination with both the customer and internal AFP stakeholders
- Tracks the program over the course of the client engagement. Responsible for ongoing, regular customer progress reviews, reporting, status update client meetings and communications.
- Identifies opportunities when contract execution progress is falling below benchmark, both internally and with customers. Develops and executes plans to improve below benchmark performance, and closely works with client and internal partners to get program back on track.
- Shares training and certification partnership best practices with clients to support program success.
- Makes recommendations for process improvement to ensure best-in-class corporate client experience.
- Maintains up-to-date customer records in salesforce and/or NetForum. This includes, but not limited to, , client contact information, client communications and participant information. Assures full transparency of information to all internal departments as necessary.
- Working with the Director, Business Development and Corporate Sales Executives, facilitates and coordinates client contract renewals, additions and upsell opportunities.
- Analyze performance data to recommend potential upsell opportunities.
AFP Core Values
The following AFP Core Values are a part of every job. The behaviors and actions associated with demonstrating competency in these Core Values are described in a separate document.
- Employees take ownership for the success of AFP and provide value to members.
- We expect results based on measurable and clearly stated goals that support AFP’s mission.
- We value critical thinking and deliberative discussion conducted in a respectful manner.
- Employees work together across functions to achieve AFP goals and objectives.
- Employees take personal responsibility for their own growth and behavior to further the goals and success of AFP.
- We provide coaching and regular, fair and honest feedback in order to foster successful, growth-oriented people.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of three (3) years of professional experience
The following are the competencies that are demonstrated when an individual is successfully performing this position. These competencies are gained through a combination of a four-year college degree, relevant work experience, and/or continuing education.
Assistance in the planning and coordination of small meetings or seminars and preparation of participant materials. Interacting with and representing the Association to client Program Coordinators, certification candidates, event speakers and finance professionals at all levels. Administration, coordination and support of department client engagements and projects. Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, WebEx of other web conferencing technology, Internet, and Access and/or other databases. Ability to employ multiple research methods to acquire information about a variety of topics, organizations, and speakers. Demonstration of excellent written and oral communication skills. Management of multiple tasks with strong attention to detail. Client service and conflict resolution. Prioritization of work to achieve desired outcomes. Clear, articulate, and friendly speaking manner for telephone and personal contact.
Job Type: Full-time
Apply here. Contact David Pim ’11 email@example.com with questions.
2. Religious Freedom Institute (Washington, DC area) Director of Communications
The Religious Freedom Institute (RFI) is looking for a passionate and experienced communications and media professional. The Communications Director will be responsible for establishing and executing an integrated communications strategy for RFI and its related projects. This individual must be savvy in managing the complexities of both domestic and international affairs and multiple industries and environments, including, but not limited to: legal, nonprofit and public affairs, and policy. Additionally, this individual must understand all communications platforms, such as media relations, social media and public relations. This individual should be able to work closely with the executive team and also be able to complete tasks with little direct supervision. The Communications Director should be passionate about the organization’s mission and actively look for opportunities to support it through integrated communication efforts.
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Director of Communications will:
- Be an experienced skilled writer and editor who is capable of reaching academic, policy, and popular audiences, can adapt academic research into persuasive, crisp communications, and write in a manner that moves the reader to act
- Understand fully why religious freedom is essential to human dignity and the flourishing of human societies and cultures
- Understand the importance of the mission of RFI and effectively communicate the importance and urgency of that mission in person and in writing
- Develop a communications strategy that uses both traditional and new media (video, webinars, podcasts, etc.) to effectively communicate the mission and activities of RFI for supporters and public audiences in the United States and internationally
- Have experience in social media, online publications, and new media, and be capable of managing organization accounts, building an engaged following, and executing multi-component advocacy or promotion campaigns
- Work with media, both proactively and reactively, to fulfill interview requests, act as a spokesperson as appropriate on issues, and effectively position RFI to advance religious freedom internationally and in the United States
- Be comfortable working in Adobe Suite and other programs to create finished product of reports and images for both print and digital distribution
- Be able to work with a dispersed team, manage multiple projects at once, develop and execute timelines, work with internal and external teams, and evaluate the success of projects to inform future efforts
Desired Experience and Background
- Bachelor’s degree (Communications or related field is a plus)
- Ideal candidate will have four (4) or more years of communications and editing experience in settings such as: newsroom producer, journalism, public relations and public affairs experience
Working Environment / Conditions
- One-year contract to be offered
- Negotiable based on experience, medical benefits, and retirement included
- Open to hiring from June 1, 2017.
Please send a cover letter and resume, examples of communications product, along with the names and contact information of three references, to RFI@religiousfreedominstitute.org
3. Hanover Reseach hiring for various positions in Arlington, VA. View positions here, if interested email: Esther Mills-Hearne (wife of John Mills-Hearne ’03) firstname.lastname@example.org
DayBlink is growing a new kind of business. Our threefold mission of creating lasting corporate partnerships, fast-tracking the development of startups, and building the community around us is deeply rooted in the belief that as entrepreneurs we must lead with intention and purpose. And that’s a philosophy that’s turning heads, both with clients and across the industry.
Full-time positions: Consultants, Sr Consultants,
Salary: Compensation packages match or exceed Big 4 Consulting/Accounting firms
Travel: Up to 80% required
Requirements: At least one of the two below:
— Graduated from top 25 undergrad / graduate program
— Consulting or professional service experience
*Vault.com recently ranked us in the top 50 for Consulting firms and we are only four years old*
Contact John Gallagher ’06 if interested- email@example.com .
Alliance Executive Search is a hiring a Business Development Associate. If interested, contact Billy Himpler, ’11 at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.
The Heights Alumni Internship & Job Interest Form
Completing this form allows The Heights Alumni Association to help connect you with job and internship opportunities. Let us know what you are interested in doing!