Please contact Jimmy Callahan for help with your job or internship search. If you have job opportunities to share, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Finance, Accounting, Sales or HR Jobs Looking for a new job in finance, accounting, Sales or HR? Billy has helped local Real Estate Broker and Heights alum, Pat Kilner ’97 find the best Salesmen, and companies and organizations such as Five Guys and Catholic Charities find the best Corporate HR, Finance and Accounting professionals. Billy has helped many other Heights alumni find great jobs in the DC area.
Saffron Ventures is looking for winter interns for paid 40 hours per week positions. Most of these interns will be working on 2-3 week entrepreneurial projects for Atlantis & Saffron Ventures. Learn more here. 5 Heights guys interned there this summer and had a great experience.
Northwestern Mutual is looking to add Financial Advisors to our team in the DC Metro Area. Their practice is expanding and selectively seeking to attract and develop high-quality individuals with integrity, professionalism and a commitment to growth and development. A background in finance is not a prerequisite, we will teach all the relevant technical skills and sponsor the necessary licensing as part of our new advisor training program.
They would welcome the opportunity to connect with any top-tier professionals who are looking for a career that has high fulfillment and high rewards where the opportunity exists to set your own hours, determine your own success and have a positive influence on people’s lives every day. A unique opportunity for the right person where success is a function of relationships, results and creativity.
Resource Environmental Solutions (RES) is hiring a Construction Administrator. This is an entry level position paying around $40,000 depending on experience. If interested in the position contact Stas Cynkar ’07 at email@example.com. If hired you would most likely work directly under Stas.
The St. James, a 450,000 square foot sports, fitness, wellness, and active entertainment complex opening in September 2018 is hosting a Career Showcase on June 22. They are hiring a variety of sports, fitness, and hospitality professionals. Click above if interested. The newly promoted General Manager is Rob Kram ’92.
The Association for Financial Professionals, the leading resource for finance and treasury professionals worldwide is seeking a Research Analyst. The primary responsibility for this (non-exempt, administrative) role is to coordinate, design, and implement the association’s research projects. This position is also responsible for the evaluation of AFP programming, quantitative analysis of AFP research projects, and analyzing and culling data that supports AFP’s research projects. Contact David Pim ’11 if interested firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Association for Financial Professionals, the leading resource for finance and treasury professionals worldwide is seeking a Project Manager. The primary responsibility for this (exempt, manager level) role is to provide on-budget, and high-quality project deliverables by developing and managing personnel and applying project management principles and disciplines to cross-functional projects throughout the organization. This position is also responsible for overseeing the overall customer experience for sponsors, exhibitors, and advertisers as well as ensuring the experience is outstanding for all internal customers and stakeholders. Contact David Pim ’11 if interested email@example.com.
Director of High School programs at the Busch School at Catholic University. For more details and to apply click here. Perfect for a Heights graduate a few years out of college. We have one now, a Director of High School Programs to work with mostly Catholic high schools in attracting applicants to the Busch School of Business. Many Heights dads work in the Busch School of Business and the Department head would love to have a Heights alumnus in this position.
Maryland Soccerplex seeks seasonal workers immediately to work with our turf crew outdoors. Minimum wage for current seniors and alumni. Must be willing to work hard and sometimes 10 days straight. The spring work obviously will be during the day and some weekends. Then all summer long into the fall early November/December. Must be punctual and willing to learn many things quickly. Helpful if they know Spanish but not necessary.
Great opportunity for a gap year or if interested in a career in field maintenance, groundskeeping, etc
Contact Jimmy Escobar ’76 if interested firstname.lastname@example.org
IntraMalls, LLC seeks a Front End Developer, click here for details. The position is remote, the company is based in Rockville, MD. A current Heights dad and University of Dallas grad sent over the job. Email email@example.com for to be connected.
Account Manager- CoStar Group “The best sales job you will ever have: extensive training, ongoing managerial support, leads provided, a structured career path and a product that sells itself….what more could you ask for except uncapped commission (luckily we’ve got that too!). Last but not least, you will be selling marketing software that’s widely known in the industry in our Washington, DC office, CoStar’s HQ.” Learn more here. Contact Stephanie Pechner with questions- firstname.lastname@example.org. They are looking to fill 20 positions and would love to hire some Heights guys.
Simply Fresh Events is a young and growing company built by an experienced group of catering and planning professionals, offering a fresh take on catering. Our chefs craft fresh, seasonal food onsite, while our event planners create an experience that is uniquely tailored to the vision of our amazing clients.
We are seeking a salesperson who can help us reach out to potential clients and build a strong relationship through awesome communication. This person will capture the vision of the client for their event, translate that information for our production staff, and be there to see the event through. Our salesperson loves all aspects of events and is happy to work evenings and weekends when they are happening. You love the details, appreciate a well maintained database, and have an eye for proposals that account for everything. We expect candidates will have a bachelors degree and 2 or more years of catering sales or event management experience, and we know you’ll be a great writer and verbal communicator. If getting out into the community, visiting venues, meeting with clients and talking with people about what you do is your idea of a great day, then we want to meet with you.
Get in touch with us to introduce yourself. We look forward to hearing from you.
Responsibilities and Duties
Qualifications and Skills
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
Salary: $42,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
Accenture – 200+ Positions in the DC area & 900+ nationwide If interested in available positions contact Ed McCabe ’05, a manager at Accenture directly at email@example.com
If interested in any of the 3 jobs listed below email firstname.lastname@example.org to be connected with Andrew Lopez ’05. If you submit an online application make sure you mention you are a Heights grad and that you are reaching out to connect with Andrew:
1) Entry-Level Business Development Federal and Commercial Market (Sales Professional)
Development of new clientele and products, plays an integral role in the growth and prosperity of the company. Provide primary administrative support to the managerial level and possibly multiple leaders. Handles sales procedures and develop new clientele.
* Full Time
* High Energy and Drive to succeed
* Knowledge of IT and prior sales experience is a plus but not a requirement
* Must be self-motivated and attention to detail
* College or equivalent
* Targeted Sales Calls required
* Lead generation and driving deals to close
* A flexible individual that has the ability to adapt to change and learn quickly
* Good knowledge of rules of effective business English usage, spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
* Back up and assist other administrative team members as needed
* Base salary plus Bonus/Commission based on sales
* Headquarters in Laurel MD – professional office environment
* Previous technical sales experience is a plus
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word)
The Proposal Manager is a key member of the proposal team and must be an effective team leader capable of determining the direction in which each proposal effort must go and is proficient in working with and coordinating proposal efforts with contributors from functional business units to include; business development, human resources, finance, and Operations. This position is required to fulfill all tasks inherent in the proposal life-cycle. The Proposal Manager will possess the flexibility to adjust to frequent changes in requirements and the motivation and commitment to see these efforts through. This position is located at our corporate office in Laurel, MD moving to Rockville, MD in fall 2017.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
* Works closely with business development managers to successfully coordinate and manage major proposal efforts, including identification of needed proposal team members, timeline and action planning, and management of proposal.
* Communicates effective proposal objectives, writes select proposal/pre-proposal pieces, and coordinates the internal team and partner inputs for bid efforts, and also assists in broader bid preparation and production aspects.
* Conducts strategy sessions with team members to develop win strategies and themes, identifies and assesses competitors, and develops client hot buttons; including attending win/loss debriefings and develop lessons learned.
* Creates compliance matrices; develops detailed proposal plans, schedules, and outlines/templates to control proposal development.
* Helps facilitate evolution of proposal strategy (such as competitive analysis), develops win themes and technical approach, identifies needed personnel.
* Oversees or supports final technical and cost proposal production, as well as guides proposal team through necessary unit-level and corporate bid reviews, protocols, and decisions.
* Helps ensure vital flow of communication and task management between contributors in operational and functional units involved in the proposal process.
* Performs detailed analysis of RFP requirements and has lead or supportive responsibility for coordinating select proposals (including preparation of outlines, tailored checklists, instructions, and templates).
* Edits and coordinates technical proposal sections as they develop (including managing file turnaround time) and maintains close liaison with technical staff.
* Reviews and edits submissions from partners, ensuring their input meet specified requirements and expected level of quality.
* Coordinates and prepares proposals of a smaller scope in response to requests for proposals (RFPs), requests for information (RFIs), and requests for quotes (RFQs).
* Performs substantive reviews of both text and graphics, ensures the assigned writing sections comply with RFP requirements, contain win strategies and win themes, and complies with standard format and style criteria.
* Streamlines proposal development efforts to increase win rates.
* Tracks and reports status of all proposal elements to the proposal team and the President.
Minimum Required Skills, Education, Experience & Abilities:
* Bachelor’s degree in business administration; or related field of study.
* Minimum seven (7) or more years of proposal preparation, development and analysis experience.
* Minimum five (5) or more years of supervisory experience included.
* Must have a deep understanding of Federal Government procurement policies as they relate to Request for Proposals (RFPs).
* Strong presentation, written communication, technical documentation, problem solving, deadline-oriented, process improvement, organizational, and coordination skills.
* Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of personnel.
* Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite to include, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* The candidate will be able to balance multiple projects and be flexible with schedule to meet deadlines.
3) Proposal/Technical Writer
Type: Full And Part Time
The proposal writer will be a member of the Business Development/Capture team and will be responsible for publishing business proposal documents. This includes not only creating high quality/technically competent/winning responses, but also developing proposal outlines, compliance matrices, writing of proposal content, and managing deadlines for Federal Government Agencies, nonprofits and private organizations.
* Analyzes RFPs, RFQs, RFI, and SS and develops compliance matrices
* Participates in proposal kickoff meetings with internal and partner team members
* Deliver compliant, professionally produced proposals within defined time frames
* Outlines and organizes submittal to be responsive to client requirements, including content, format, forms, and other information
* Adheres to proposal development timeline
* Compiles and writes material for proposals, quotes, and other responses, ensuring response is compliant and all client requirements are addressed
* Conducts proposal production including printing, binding, packaging, and submitta
* Minimum of 1-year experience in government contracting proposal writing
* Minimum of 1-year of relevant experience in technical writing in association to Information Technology
* Ability to document technical programs, plans, designs, operations and procedures
* Possesses understanding of the capture and proposal processes
* Experience in analyzing proposal requirements
* Knowledge and understanding of acquisition policies and practices within federal agencies and/or government contracts
* Schedule driven and willing to work extended hours when required to meet proposals deadlines
* Strong editorial and proofreading skills
1. Our Lady of Mercy in Potomac, MD is looking for a 5th to 8th-grade religion teacher. Click here for details.
2. Simply Fresh Events is hiring catering staff. Contact owner, Geoff Barker, ’97 at geoff.barker@
Position Filled 1. Association for Financial Professionals , the leading resource for treasury and financial professionals worldwide, is looking for a Client Relationship Specialist . This role will focus on client relationship management, account management, and upsell opportunities as it pertains to the corporate sales cycle. This role will work on accelerating contracts and assisting clients by ensuring all expectations are met in a timely and efficient manner. Success in this role is determined by providing clients with a hand held approach to all client needs and expectations. Additional, major responsibilities are listed below.
AFP Core Values
The following AFP Core Values are a part of every job. The behaviors and actions associated with demonstrating competency in these Core Values are described in a separate document.
The following are the competencies that are demonstrated when an individual is successfully performing this position. These competencies are gained through a combination of a four-year college degree, relevant work experience, and/or continuing education.
Assistance in the planning and coordination of small meetings or seminars and preparation of participant materials. Interacting with and representing the Association to client Program Coordinators, certification candidates, event speakers and finance professionals at all levels. Administration, coordination and support of department client engagements and projects. Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, WebEx of other web conferencing technology, Internet, and Access and/or other databases. Ability to employ multiple research methods to acquire information about a variety of topics, organizations, and speakers. Demonstration of excellent written and oral communication skills. Management of multiple tasks with strong attention to detail. Client service and conflict resolution. Prioritization of work to achieve desired outcomes. Clear, articulate, and friendly speaking manner for telephone and personal contact.
Job Type: Full-time
Apply here. Contact David Pim ’11 email@example.com with questions.
2. Religious Freedom Institute (Washington, DC area) Director of Communications
The Religious Freedom Institute (RFI) is looking for a passionate and experienced communications and media professional. The Communications Director will be responsible for establishing and executing an integrated communications strategy for RFI and its related projects. This individual must be savvy in managing the complexities of both domestic and international affairs and multiple industries and environments, including, but not limited to: legal, nonprofit and public affairs, and policy. Additionally, this individual must understand all communications platforms, such as media relations, social media and public relations. This individual should be able to work closely with the executive team and also be able to complete tasks with little direct supervision. The Communications Director should be passionate about the organization’s mission and actively look for opportunities to support it through integrated communication efforts.
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Director of Communications will:
Desired Experience and Background
Working Environment / Conditions
Please send a cover letter and resume, examples of communications product, along with the names and contact information of three references, to RFI@religiousfreedominstitute.org
3. Hanover Reseach hiring for various positions in Arlington, VA. View positions here, if interested email: Esther Mills-Hearne (wife of John Mills-Hearne ’03) firstname.lastname@example.org
The Heights Alumni Internship & Job Interest Form[wpgform id=’14998′]