Contact the Director of Alumni Relations for help with your job or internship search:
Jimmy Callahan ’06
301-365-0227 ext 162
1. Accenture – 200+ Positions in the DC area & 900+ nationwide
If interested in available positions contact Ed McCabe ’05, a manager at Accenture directly at email@example.com
2. Alliance Executive Search – Marketing Specialist
If interested contact Billy Himpler ’11 firstname.lastname@example.org
Alliance Executive Search was co-founded by three prominent DC Metro Area recruiting professionals that have been recognized as the best in their field for the past 10 years while employed by the largest privately held accounting staffing provider in the United States. Our team has serviced a mix of both small to midsize privately held companies up through the recruitment of C-Level Executives for many Fortune 500 businesses. Our mission is simple! We’ve tasked ourselves up with identifying organizations that take their hiring process as serious as we take our recruiting process. At Alliance, our team looks to form a true strategic relationship with our client partners and candidates. In other words, a true ALLIANCE! The slogan says it all. We do three things and do them well. First, we identify and engage only organizations that are truly committed to hiring the best possible candidate. Second, we go out and hunt! We don’t believe in running ads, we uncover the best candidates that aren’t actively seeking new opportunities. This is the part that we call attract or the attraction phase. Finally, we Execute! Alliance takes an active role and making sure the negotiation goes smoothly and accordingly to make sure both parties are happy. The advantages are clear for both client partners and prospective candidates. Working with Alliance will result in a smooth transition. Success is shared at Alliance!
As a Marketing Specialist, your typical day will look a lot like this:
Generating leads via email marketing outreach efforts to our prospects
Marketing optimization and database management
Research required information primarily through LinkedIn, Inside Sales and other online
Prepare source data for entry by compiling and organizing data and researching incomplete or
Ensure accurate entry of data into a proprietary web-based portal, verify entered data by
reviewing, deleting, or modifying data and maintain accurate documentation of sources and
Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by maintaining confidentiality
College Degree from an accredited University
0 – 3 years of experience (can be entry level)
Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Strong Communication skills, written and verbal skills
Highly motivated and ambitious
If interested in any of the 3 jobs listed below email email@example.com to be connected with Andrew Lopez ’05. If you submit an online application make sure you mention you are a Heights grad and that you are reaching out to connect with Andrew:
1) Entry-Level Business Development Federal and Commercial Market (Sales Professional)
Development of new clientele and products, plays an integral role in the growth and prosperity of the company. Provide primary administrative support to the managerial level and possibly multiple leaders. Handles sales procedures and develop new clientele.
* Full Time
* High Energy and Drive to succeed
* Knowledge of IT and prior sales experience is a plus but not a requirement
* Must be self-motivated and attention to detail
* College or equivalent
* Targeted Sales Calls required
* Lead generation and driving deals to close
* A flexible individual that has the ability to adapt to change and learn quickly
* Good knowledge of rules of effective business English usage, spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
* Back up and assist other administrative team members as needed
* Base salary plus Bonus/Commission based on sales
* Headquarters in Laurel MD – professional office environment
* Previous technical sales experience is a plus
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word)
The Proposal Manager is a key member of the proposal team and must be an effective team leader capable of determining the direction in which each proposal effort must go and is proficient in working with and coordinating proposal efforts with contributors from functional business units to include; business development, human resources, finance, and Operations. This position is required to fulfill all tasks inherent in the proposal life-cycle. The Proposal Manager will possess the flexibility to adjust to frequent changes in requirements and the motivation and commitment to see these efforts through. This position is located at our corporate office in Laurel, MD moving to Rockville, MD in fall 2017.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
* Works closely with business development managers to successfully coordinate and manage major proposal efforts, including identification of needed proposal team members, timeline and action planning, and management of proposal.
* Communicates effective proposal objectives, writes select proposal/pre-proposal pieces, and coordinates the internal team and partner inputs for bid efforts, and also assists in broader bid preparation and production aspects.
* Conducts strategy sessions with team members to develop win strategies and themes, identifies and assesses competitors, and develops client hot buttons; including attending win/loss debriefings and develop lessons learned.
* Creates compliance matrices; develops detailed proposal plans, schedules, and outlines/templates to control proposal development.
* Helps facilitate evolution of proposal strategy (such as competitive analysis), develops win themes and technical approach, identifies needed personnel.
* Oversees or supports final technical and cost proposal production, as well as guides proposal team through necessary unit-level and corporate bid reviews, protocols, and decisions.
* Helps ensure vital flow of communication and task management between contributors in operational and functional units involved in the proposal process.
* Performs detailed analysis of RFP requirements and has lead or supportive responsibility for coordinating select proposals (including preparation of outlines, tailored checklists, instructions, and templates).
* Edits and coordinates technical proposal sections as they develop (including managing file turnaround time) and maintains close liaison with technical staff.
* Reviews and edits submissions from partners, ensuring their input meet specified requirements and expected level of quality.
* Coordinates and prepares proposals of a smaller scope in response to requests for proposals (RFPs), requests for information (RFIs), and requests for quotes (RFQs).
* Performs substantive reviews of both text and graphics, ensures the assigned writing sections comply with RFP requirements, contain win strategies and win themes, and complies with standard format and style criteria.
* Streamlines proposal development efforts to increase win rates.
* Tracks and reports status of all proposal elements to the proposal team and the President.
Minimum Required Skills, Education, Experience & Abilities:
* Bachelor’s degree in business administration; or related field of study.
* Minimum seven (7) or more years of proposal preparation, development and analysis experience.
* Minimum five (5) or more years of supervisory experience included.
* Must have a deep understanding of Federal Government procurement policies as they relate to Request for Proposals (RFPs).
* Strong presentation, written communication, technical documentation, problem solving, deadline-oriented, process improvement, organizational, and coordination skills.
* Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of personnel.
* Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite to include, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* The candidate will be able to balance multiple projects and be flexible with schedule to meet deadlines.
3) Proposal/Technical Writer
Type: Full And Part Time
The proposal writer will be a member of the Business Development/Capture team and will be responsible for publishing business proposal documents. This includes not only creating high quality/technically competent/winning responses, but also developing proposal outlines, compliance matrices, writing of proposal content, and managing deadlines for Federal Government Agencies, nonprofits and private organizations.
* Analyzes RFPs, RFQs, RFI, and SS and develops compliance matrices
* Participates in proposal kickoff meetings with internal and partner team members
* Deliver compliant, professionally produced proposals within defined time frames
* Outlines and organizes submittal to be responsive to client requirements, including content, format, forms, and other information
* Adheres to proposal development timeline
* Compiles and writes material for proposals, quotes, and other responses, ensuring response is compliant and all client requirements are addressed
* Conducts proposal production including printing, binding, packaging, and submitta
* Minimum of 1-year experience in government contracting proposal writing
* Minimum of 1-year of relevant experience in technical writing in association to Information Technology
* Ability to document technical programs, plans, designs, operations and procedures
* Possesses understanding of the capture and proposal processes
* Experience in analyzing proposal requirements
* Knowledge and understanding of acquisition policies and practices within federal agencies and/or government contracts
* Schedule driven and willing to work extended hours when required to meet proposals deadlines
* Strong editorial and proofreading skills
1. Our Lady of Mercy in Potomac, MD is looking for a 5th to 8th-grade religion teacher. Click here for details.
2. Simply Fresh Events is hiring catering staff. Contact owner, Geoff Barker, ’97 at geoff.barker@
1. Association for Financial Professionals , the leading resource for treasury and financial professionals worldwide, is looking for a Client Relationship Specialist . This role will focus on client relationship management, account management, and upsell opportunities as it pertains to the corporate sales cycle. This role will work on accelerating contracts and assisting clients by ensuring all expectations are met in a timely and efficient manner. Success in this role is determined by providing clients with a hand held approach to all client needs and expectations. Additional, major responsibilities are listed below.
AFP Core Values
The following AFP Core Values are a part of every job. The behaviors and actions associated with demonstrating competency in these Core Values are described in a separate document.
The following are the competencies that are demonstrated when an individual is successfully performing this position. These competencies are gained through a combination of a four-year college degree, relevant work experience, and/or continuing education.
Assistance in the planning and coordination of small meetings or seminars and preparation of participant materials. Interacting with and representing the Association to client Program Coordinators, certification candidates, event speakers and finance professionals at all levels. Administration, coordination and support of department client engagements and projects. Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, WebEx of other web conferencing technology, Internet, and Access and/or other databases. Ability to employ multiple research methods to acquire information about a variety of topics, organizations, and speakers. Demonstration of excellent written and oral communication skills. Management of multiple tasks with strong attention to detail. Client service and conflict resolution. Prioritization of work to achieve desired outcomes. Clear, articulate, and friendly speaking manner for telephone and personal contact.
Job Type: Full-time
Apply here. Contact David Pim ’11 firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
2. Religious Freedom Institute (Washington, DC area) Director of Communications
The Religious Freedom Institute (RFI) is looking for a passionate and experienced communications and media professional. The Communications Director will be responsible for establishing and executing an integrated communications strategy for RFI and its related projects. This individual must be savvy in managing the complexities of both domestic and international affairs and multiple industries and environments, including, but not limited to: legal, nonprofit and public affairs, and policy. Additionally, this individual must understand all communications platforms, such as media relations, social media and public relations. This individual should be able to work closely with the executive team and also be able to complete tasks with little direct supervision. The Communications Director should be passionate about the organization’s mission and actively look for opportunities to support it through integrated communication efforts.
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Director of Communications will:
Desired Experience and Background
Working Environment / Conditions
Please send a cover letter and resume, examples of communications product, along with the names and contact information of three references, to RFI@religiousfreedominstitute.org
3. Hanover Reseach hiring for various positions in Arlington, VA. View positions here, if interested email: Esther Mills-Hearne (wife of John Mills-Hearne ’03) email@example.com
Alliance Executive Search is a hiring a Business Development Associate. If interested, contact Billy Himpler, ’11 at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.
The Heights Alumni Internship & Job Interest Form
Completing this form allows The Heights Alumni Association to help connect you with job and internship opportunities. Let us know what you are interested in doing!