All Courses


SCI 385


  • Course ID:SCI 385
  • Semesters:1
  • Department:Physics
  • Teachers:David Maxham

Description and Objectives

This is an introductory algebra-based Physics course that will focus on giving students a greater and deeper sense of comfort with and understanding of the physical world with numerical and conceptual precision, while also increasing the natural sense of awe and wonder that come with contemplation of the physical world. Some topics covered are:

  1. Kinematics
  2. Kinetics
  3. Momentum and Collisions
  4. Work and Energy


Reviewing Physics: The Physical Setting

Giancoli Physics

Course Requirements

All students should bring a scientific calculator each day

Tests and quizzes will make up about 90% of the quarter grade; the remaining 10% will be based on homework and class participation.

Successful Students

Give your full attention in class, taking good notes.

Ask lots of questions, whether internally or externally. The process of formulating questions is critical to the learning process.

Additional Resources

“Physics Classroom” Website

Maxham Physics