- Grade level:8-12
- Meeting Times:Fridays at 3:15 pm
- Location:Weight Room Parking Lot
- Seasons:All year
- Advisors:Andrew Acevedo
- To teach students how cars work, and how to take care of them.
- To teach good driving practices and techniques.
- To teach simple routine maintenance procedures and how to accomplish more complex repairs.
- To teach about the laws of the road and automotive insurance issues.
Events & Topics
An event schedule is published in the fall and spring.
A few administrative and organizational meetings are held, but the club meetings usually consist of students working on their own or donor cars, actually performing needed maintenance and repairs, thereby learning from the hands-on experience.
Skills & Benefits
Students learn how their cars work and how to manage them. By participating in club meetings, students become comfortable with the operation and maintenance of their cars.
Many students bring their own cars, but this is not required. Students help each other learn and perform needed maintenance on donor cars too.