- Weeks:Aug. 3, 2020
Aug. 10, 2020
- Time:9:00 am-3:00 pm
- Cost:$350 For week one
$350 For week two
$650 For both weeks
- Staff:Patrick Love
Don’t miss this opportunity. Challenge your son’s creativity and imagination. Teach him a life-long skill. Learn about American Music. Engage him in an exciting art-form!
- Teach him to perform and improvise in the exciting world of modern jazz/rock music.
- Expand the way he sees and hears music.
- Reinforce his understanding of form, chords, scales and rhythm.
- Record solo and small group jazz and rock.
- Produce a CD of his own Jazz Improv! recordings.
- Young men who play: Drums, guitar, bass, piano, vocals, flute, clarinet, oboe, sax, trumpet, trombone
- Aspiring Jazz or Rock musicians.
- Boys looking to try new and exciting music.
- Want to figure out Rock Songs?
- Interested in playing by ear?
- Seasoned Jazz Musicians looking to make money giggin’?
Sign up for Jazz Improv! today before the chance passes by.
Pat Love is the director of bands at The Heights School and the director and founder of The Heights Big Band and Jazz Combo. Mr. Love studied with John Coltrane’s nephew in High School and with Professor David Stambler at Towson University where he played lead alto and lead tenor in his years in the prestigious Towson University Big Band. He has performed jazz throughout the area, and plays with his own group The Pat Love Project.
Other local jazz musicians and outstanding student coaches.
Pat Love at The Heights School, firstname.lastname@example.org
Students should pack a lunch each day and will receive a CD with recordings from daily jam sessions at the end of each week. Students will be placed into groups based on ability level and preference. Before and After Care, Lunch, and Real Books can be purchased at time of registration and are offered for your convenience.
Sign Up Now!