- B.A. University of Notre Dame, M.A. Hillsdale College
- At The Heights since 2013
- 301.365.0227 ext. 253
Richard Ybarra grew up in Los Angeles, California. For college, he headed east to attend the University of Notre Dame where he studied History and Philosophy. Upon graduation, Richard lived in New York City working as a legal assistant at an immigration law firm near Wall Street. And, prior to joining The Heights faculty in 2013, Richard taught United States history at St. Mary’s School in New Jersey. In 2022, he earned his Masters Degree in Government from Hillsdale College’s Graduate School in Washington, DC. He now teaches Modern European History (AP) and Sophomore Core in the upper school.
- American and British Literature (Ybarra)
- American History (Ybarra)
- Modern European History AP