The results are in for this year’s National Latin Exam, and our Upper and Middle School students performed exceptionally well. In particular:
- The Latin I, II, and III level exams each had a student who received a perfect score.
- 42% of students that took the Latin I exam received a commendation of at least Cum Laude.
- 48% of students that took the Latin II exam received a commendation of at least Cum Laude.
- 92% of students that took the Latin III, IV, or V exam received a commendation of at least Cum Laude.
- Of that group that had taken the Latin III, IV, or V exam, 37% received the commendation of Maxima Cum Laude along with a silver medal, and 63% received Summa Cum Laude along with a gold medal.
Our congratulations not only to the students, but also to the fine teachers of our Classics Department. This is a process that begins in the 7th grade in earnest, and continues in carefully orchestrated fashion through Latin V. The Classics are alive and well at The Heights. Check out this post by Mr. Cox to learn more about how–and why–we teach these wonderful subjects.