Computer Science I: Python
- Weeks:Jun. 29, 2020
Jul. 6, 2020
Jul. 13, 2020
Jul. 20, 2020
Jul. 27, 2020
- Time:10:00 am-3:00 pm
- Note:This course will be offered online for the summer of 2020.
- Cost:$1250 full course
- Staff:George Martin
Note: This course is offered this summer as an online course, rather than on campus.
This summer, we are offering The Heights C SCI 411/412 course online for students who are interested. This course will cover the same material as would be covered during both semesters of a school year, but in a condensed and accelerated format.
The course will cover the same topics as outlined in the syllabus for C SCI 411/412, which can be found here. The course will be taught over five weeks, broken into a morning and afternoon group session, with independent work assigned and completed in between.
Because this course will be taught remotely, students will need the following to participate:
- A copy of the textbook
- A hardcopy of the book can be obtained at The Heights, or the student can purchase his own digital copy from the publisher here.
- A computer with internet access
- The computer should run either OS X or Windows. On the first day of class we’ll configure the computer with the necessary software to write Python code.
- This computer will also be used for Zoom meetings, which will be the medium for the class.
Each day will be broken into three parts:
- 10:00am-11:30am: (Zoom meeting) A lecture covering that day’s material.
- 11:30am-2:00pm: (Independent work) Exercises and/or projects to practice that day’s lesson. The student should also use part of this time to eat lunch and take a break.
- 2:00pm-3:00pm: (Zoom meeting) Explaining solutions to exercises and answering questions.
This course is offered for credit (though students can opt-out of that option) and thus will include regular graded assignments which will demonstrate the student’s mastery of the material and his ability to continue to C SCI 511/512 if desired.
Please direct any questions to George Martin by email at email@example.com.